JD - Director of Engineering
Teachmint (www.teachmint.com) is India’s largest online teaching platform and one the fastest growing EdTech startups. Teachmint offers a mobile-first video-first experience that enables teachers to create a digital persona of every classroom out there. Through Teachmint, teachers are able to deliver live online classes, ensure continuous student engagement, automate their admin workflows and manage cashflows. By enabling teachers to seamlessly digitize their classrooms, Teachmint if on path to create the largest teacher-student network in India and abroad. In less than 10 months from launch, more than 400,000 teachers from 1200+ cities and towns have signed-up on Teachmint from Srinagar in Jammu and Kashmir to Port Blair in Andaman and Nicobar Islands. Backed by some of the marquee investors like Lightspeed, Better Capital and Titan Capital, Teachmint is led by alumni of IIT Bombay and IIT Delhi with executive experience at OYO, McKinsey, Swiggy and Roposo (Glance).
Role: We’re looking for a passionate Director of Engineering with strong experience in building world class products. He/She will be part of the senior leadership team at Teachmint, working closely with the Founders to drive the company forward and create impact for its users.
What you’ll do:
▪ Work with Founders to align on business priorities, and plan for long term and short-term tech roadmap. Articulate a clear technology vision that is aligned with business needs. ▪ Lead a growing team of 20+ developers. Own the complete agile lifecycle of all products by managing the design, engineering, testing and release. ▪ Execution and Delivery - He/she will be expected to instil and follow good software development practices and ensure timely delivery of high-quality products. Should be familiar with agile practices as well as be able to adapt these to the needs of the business, with a constant focus on product quality. ▪ Solve hard technology problems - a large part of the product roadmap consists of products/features that would be unique. ▪ Collaboration - Collaborating closely with others in the organization to ensure that the products will delight the customers; this includes working closely with internal stakeholders like product managers, designers, business and external partners/vendors
What we’re looking for: Engineering Excellence
▪ 12+ years experience working with mobile-first and consumer-facing products at scale ▪ Operated in an environment with fast development cycles and rapid product iteration ▪ Strong technical depth and experience, easily earns respect from senior engineers
▪ Hands-on exposure to Android development, Web development, Backend and Data Engineering ▪ Good to have- exposure to WebRTC, iOS development and Machine Learning
Leadership ▪ Unparalleled network of senior engineers to recruit, mentor, and lead ▪ Someone who can balance both attention to detail and big picture view
▪ Lead by example – Ability to manage a bunch of talented engineers and guide them to deliver.
▪ Demonstrated ability in problem-solving and technical innovation. ▪ Passion for learning new things and solving challenging problems