About Teachmint :
Teachmint is an all-in-one solution combining live classes, student engagement and admin tools. This helps them to enhance their teaching methodologies and focus on what they do the best - teach.
Teachmint is an easy to use platform for teachers to conduct unlimited live classes. Teachers and students can also manage all their tuition, coaching and school classrooms in one app. With Teachmint, teachers can create video doubt sessions anytime and from anywhere.
Our mission is to democratise online education. Our vision is to become the default teaching app. Our goal here is to make online teaching easy and accessible to all the teachers in India. We believe that students learn best from their teachers with whom they can personally connect and interact. We at Teachmint, are making the teacher student connection simple and easier.
We are backed by some of the marquee investors (Learn Capital, Lightspeed India, Better Capital, Kunal Bahl, Rohit Bansal) in India.
As an Engineering Mentor, you will help drive Teachmint's growth by helping build and enhance our products that are aimed at aiding prospective teachers and students, turning them into happy and successful users of Teachmint. We’re looking for an experienced and enthusiastic engineering manager to join our engineering team in Bangalore and help accelerate our next phase of growth.
- You’ll be mentoring engineers in a pod or two (owning a product area), mentoring them and building cool stuff! Your responsibilities include:
- Ensuring the pod is self-organizing to fulfil the pod's responsibilities as a strong collaborative team. Effectively keeps the team on track, and identifies when certain responsibilities haven't been taken or when certain processes can improve and brings them back to the team for brainstorming.
- Conduct code reviews, lead HLD discussions, help team maintain the code quality and best practices.
- Manage product team communications, releases and development cycles for the pod.
- Contributes as a senior engineer to the sprint (non-blocking work if the mentoring duties are heavier in some sprints)
- People/HR duties related to your pod
- Leading the Hiring/On-boarding process for new engineers for the pod
- Responsible for performance reports, skill development plan with each engineer and guiding them in moving up to the next career level
- Work with other EM's and the product team to develop performance frameworks, continuous development frameworks, and any other engineering operational infrastructure
- Identifies and solves operational issues of the engineering team
- Educational background, preferably in the fields of computer science or engineering for technical project managers
- 4+ years of engineering management experience leading high performing teams
- 6+ years of overall professional software dev experience
- Experienced in ReactJS, Android, Python, Flask, MongoDB and mentoring and growing teams of software developers.
- Communicate effectively and can crisply explain complex technical concepts
- Experienced in industry standard coding practices
- Needs to have agile experience.
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying