Backed by marquee investors in EdTech like Learn Capital and Lightspeed Ventures, Teachmint has become the #1 teaching app in India only a year after its incorporation.On the Teachmint app, any teacher or education institute can conduct unlimited live classes, enrol students, collect fees, create tests, share learning material, engage with students and so much more.
The founders of Teachmint are IIT alums and Forbes 30 Under 30 recipients with leadership experience across McKinsey, Oyo, Swiggy, and Times Internet. The core team is also handpicked from leading firms in the startup, consulting and corporate ecosystem with rich experience in driving high-performing teams.
About the role - Backend Engineer at Teachmint:
Teachmint is looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to help us scale for our continued growth as a game-changing, industry-defining company shaping the future of education.
- Development of our application's back end. End to end delivery of new features.
- Evolving the architecture for performance and scalability.
- Design, develop and own components of a highly scalable, distributed web services platform.
- Constantly strive to improve software development process and team productivity.
- 4+ years of experience in backend development
- Proficient in python and Django/flask
- Experience with databases like MongoDB, Postgres, Redis
- Experience with Stream processing software like Kafka
- Algorithms and software design optimized for large scale distributed software systems
Good to have
- Experience with Spark/Pandas
- Have experience with Google Cloud Platform/ AWS
- Knowledge of Other languages like C++/Java
Must-have Mindsets And Skillsets
- Strong algorithmic thinking
- Seamless Collaboration with Mobile and Web Development team
- Solid foundation in Computer Science, with strong competencies in data structures,
We are looking for engineers with "co-founder" mentality to join us and lead the building of a product that is changing the face of education like Uber changed urban mobility.
- It has taken us just over an year to onboard 8 Million users with a mere 12 strong engineering team
- This is due to the right problem selection and pure product & engineering focus instead of hard-selling
- We have built a massive suite of features to run classes on our platform that 10L+ teachers love to use
- Teachers and students interact live for over 30 million hours using our conferencing solution generating 4-petabyte data every month
- This scale could not be handled by any off-the-shelf solution, so we built our own implementation of video conferencing starting from WebRTC implementation to QOS based bandwidth control RFCs
- This is just one of the many things we are building from scratch: live whiteboard, live annotations, hand raise, etc
- 1,000 machines on the cloud churn out the class recordings that are available to students to run through 24x7
- 7. 60 Million events and 5 million notifications are sent every day between android/ios/web devices and our servers
If this sounds exciting and you want to get involved in building one of the most sophisticated products to ever come out of India, apply now!
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying