Head - Information Security
We are building the future, one classroom at a time.
Teachmint is an education infrastructure startup and the creator of the largest global teaching-exclusive platform. We have enabled millions of educators in India and across the globe to digitize their classrooms with our proprietary, mobile-first, classroom technology. With the largest and most diverse suite of ed-infra products, Teachmint today is the only solution catering to the digital infrastructure needs of all education providers; from K-12 schools to after-school tutoring, higher education institutes, creators and even edtechs.
Teachmint was founded in 2020 by Mihir Gupta, Payoj Jain, Divyansh Bordia and Anshuman Kumar - alumni of IIT Bombay and IIT Delhi with executive experience at OYO, McKinsey, Swiggy and Roposo. Teachmint has raised $118 million till date and is backed by leading International and Indian investors such as Rocketship.vc, Lightspeed India, Learn Capital, Goodwater Capital, Vulcan Capital, Better Capital, CM Ventures, Epiq Capital and Titan Capital. Our latest series B fundraise has also made us one of the fastest startups in the education sector to raise $100+ million in just 16 months since inception. Today, Teachmint is available in 20 Indian and International languages, with 10+ million teachers and students from 30 countries on its platform.
We are a team of young, enterprising leaders with experience working at some of India's leading startups over the years. Innovation, ownership and passion is at the heart of everything we do, and we are all unified by the single mission of democratizing education by empowering educators and enabling them to create impactful learning experiences.
Teachmint is looking for a Head - Information Security, a senior level professional position. The candidate selected will be responsible for driving efforts to prevent, monitor and respond to information/data breaches and cyber-attacks. The overall purpose of this role is to ensure the execution of Information Security (IS) directives and activities in alignment with Teachmint's information and cybersecurity policy.
- Develop, implement and monitor a strategic, comprehensive enterprise information security and IT risk management program.
- Planning, buying, and rolling out security hardware and software, and making sure IT and network infrastructure is designed with the best security practices in mind.
- Understand and interact with multiple departments to ensure a consistent application of policies and standards across all technology projects, systems and services.
- Proactively review corporate servers and the network for current and potential vulnerabilities, attempted intrusions, and takes corrective action including hardware and software upgrades for security platforms.
- Evaluate and respond to security threats and/or events by continually assessing real-time logs and performing packet analysis for the enterprise network, while measuring and documenting performance and threat/risk metrics.
- Coordinate the resolution of any vulnerabilities or issues detected in an application or infrastructure.
- Attend and participate in internal/external IS forums and risk committees when necessary.
- Be responsible for providing key inputs and driving implementation of data related compliances activities such as GDPR compliance, ISO certification etc.
- Function as the Data Privacy Officer reporting into the management.
- Drive compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to policies and standards.
- Be responsible for planning and deploying measures to increase robustness of company's system against cyberattacks.
- Be responsible for developing a Business Continuity Plan to ensure continued operations in case of attacks / unforeseen disaster.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other I.T. related field.
- 8-12 years of practical technical hands-on experience as a Systems Security Specialist, or in an Information Systems Audit role, or Information Security role.
- Technical proficiency, knowledge, and understand of the following
- Web and email content filtering rules, threat, and block lists
- Data networking concepts and LAN/WAN topologies
- Vulnerability management, mitigation, and correction
- Access control lists in relation to share, folder, and file structures
- Endpoint protection in a multi-solution layered security environment