Backed by marquee investors in EdTech like Learn Capital and Lightspeed Ventures, Teachmint has become the #1 teaching app in India only a year after its incorporation.
Our platform lets teachers re-create the experience of a physical classroom in the digital space. On the Teachmint app, any teacher or education institute can conduct unlimited live classes, enrol students, collect fees, create tests, share learning material, engage with students and so much more. It is the largest live teaching platform outside China with a rapidly growing 6M+ active user base.
The founders of Teachmint (Mihir Gupta, Divyansh Bordia, Payoj Jain, and Anshuman Kumar) are IIT alums and Forbes 30 Under 30 recipients with leadership experience across McKinsey, Oyo, Swiggy, and Times Internet. The core team is also handpicked from leading firms in the startup, consulting and corporate ecosystem with rich experience in driving high-performing teams.
About the role – Legal Counsel at Teachmint:
Teachmint is looking for an in-house lawyer to support business leaders in executing mission critical initiatives by removing legal bottle necks and mitigating risk.
- Review, draft, and negotiate a variety of agreements with external partners
- Be the legal gatekeeper and maintain hygiene all across the board
- Evaluate and weigh the impacts of business decisions to eliminate risk
- Deliver legal counsel and expertise related to laws and regulations
- Work with our external counsels on matters of high value and importance
- 4+ years of overall legal experience
- Strong preference for high growth startup experience
- Must have experience at a law firm of repute
- Previous ed-tech experience will give you an edge
Must-have mindsets and skillsets:
- Ability to explain legal terms in layman language
- Expertise in Contract Law, Company Act, Labour Laws, Business Compliances
- Master of multi-tasking and delivering in tight deadlines
- Well-versed in how business operates with financial acumen
- Strong communication and drafting skills
- Effortless at managing relationships: internal and external
- Distinctive team: Our team is an inspiration powerhouse built with the best minds from the startup, consulting, and corporate ecosystem
- Empowering role: You get a high growth & high impact role with the opportunity to grow
- Marquee investors: We have leading investors with deep experience in EdTech investing like Learn Capital (leading Edtech investor globally), Lightspeed Ventures, etc.
- Culture of high ownership with great perks: A caring meritocracy built by inspirational leaders; ultra-modern office space with free and unlimited food
- Market-leading compensation: If we like you, we will make sure you like our offer :)
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying