We are building the future, one classroom at a time.
Teachmint is an education infrastructure startup and the creator of the largest global teaching-exclusive platform. We have enabled millions of educators in India and across the globe digitize their classrooms with our proprietary, mobile-first, classroom technology. With the largest & most diverse suite of ed-infra products, Teachmint today is the only solution catering to end-to-end infrastructure needs of all education providers; from K-12 schools to after-school tutoring, universities, creators and even edtechs.
Teachmint was founded in 2020 by Mihir Gupta, Payoj Jain, Divyansh Bordia and Anshuman Kumar - alumni of IIT Bombay and IIT Delhi with executive experience at OYO, McKinsey, Swiggy and Roposo. Teachmint has raised $118 million till date and is backed by leading International and Indian investors such as Rocketship.vc, Lightspeed India, Learn Capital, Goodwater Capital, Vulcan Capital, Better Capital, CM Ventures, Epiq Capital and Titan Capital. Our latest series B fundraise has also made us one of the fastest startups in the education sector to raise $100+ million in just 16 months since inception. Today, Teachmint is available in 20 Indian and International languages, with 10+ million teachers & students from 30 countries on its platform.
We are a team of young, enterprising leaders with experience working at some of India's leading startups over the years. Innovation, ownership and passion is at the heart of everything we do and we are all unified by the single mission of democratizing education by empowering educators and enabling them to create impactful learning experiences.
About the role:
Teachmint is looking for highly motivated, driven and visionary product folks to set vision and execute on business-critical areas (pods) of Teachmint’s product.
- Understand company strategy and ensure your team is focused on the highest impact areas for our users and business
- Lead a pod of engineers, PMs and designers with an outcome-oriented mindset throughout the entire product lifecycle (from concept to post-release activities)
- Apply deep critical thinking and a data-driven approach to difficult product challenges and translate insights into effective solutions
- Independently lead large, cross-functional projects to deliver excellent results
- Create a world-class user experience for teachers, students and admins
- Sprint planning and quality check of the product. Identifying and fixing user flow bottlenecks
- 6-8 years of experience in creating, launching, and iterating on consumer-facing products that have scaled to millions
- Must have seen scale of at least 1 million DAU
- Deep user empathy and experience with user research
- Experience conducting analyses + employing data in the product process
- Bonus: Past co-founder or ed-tech experience at scale
Must-have mindsets and skillsets:
- Ability to roll up your sleeves, move quickly, and achieve outcomes in short time
- A passion for improving the world through education
- Strong team player: able to support + collaborate with ease across engineering, design, and operations
- Understanding of user psychology and business strategy
- An imaginative design sense but is also deeply calculated.
We are looking for leaders with a "co-founder" mentality to join us and lead the building of a product that is changing the face of education like Uber changed urban mobility.
- It has taken us just over an year to onboard 8 Million users with a mere 12 strong engineering team
- This is due to the right problem selection and pure product & engineering focus instead of hard-selling
- We have built a massive suite of features to run classes on our platform that 10L+ teachers love to use
- Teachers and students interact live for over 30 million hours using our conferencing solution generating 4-petabyte data every month
- This scale could not be handled by any off-the-shelf solution, so we built our own implementation of video conferencing starting from WebRTC implementation to QOS based bandwidth control RFCs
- This is just one of the many things we are building from scratch: live whiteboard, live annotations, hand raise, etc
- 1,000 machines on the cloud churn out the class recordings that are available to students to run through 24x7
- 7. 60 Million events and 5 million notifications are sent every day between android/ios/web devices and our servers
Impact of Teachmint on society: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zH1dFX8hSEs